Home & Garden

Saturday, July 17, 2010

ANTIQUE DOME TOP TRUNK?

I bought this trunk today and i want to get it back to its orginial shape. I think it is a dome top but im not 100% sure. Everything looks orginial (minus where they painted the metal) and the inside liner. I think it is fake because inside the secret compartment it is lined with blue striped fabric. should i tear out the paper or leave it? I have no idea who made it and really want to know but i have no idea where to look. Any info on these tyes of trunks and where i should look for the label (it is not on the outside unless they painted over it)
I have a dome top trunk. A lot of people reline the inside with wall paper. if it is in good shape or you do not like the paper that is there then change it to what you like. the label is usually on the inside of the lid in the middle. These can be found online,



All that I have done to my trunk is to make a new support for the back of the trunk for the lid henge to fit into and to refinish the wood strips on the outside.%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment