Home & Garden

Friday, March 13, 2009

Will primer or white cover dark neon green paint?

Will primer or white cover dark neon green paint?
My husband and I decided to paint our bathroom green. It turned out to be a horrible mess, I hate it! It came out way darker then intended. Do any of you know how to cover up very dark colors? I don't know if I should use a primer or if white will cover it alone. I need to get back in my bathroom, please help!!

A zinc-based primer of either white or gray will definitely cover the error of your color selection. As a hint, use white primers for light paint colors, and gray primers for dark wall paint colors. Dark paints for metal surfaces usually require a red or dark gray pigmented primer.

Use Kilz primer first then repaint the room. Read the label on your paint. If it states one coat coverage and it did not cover in one coat you can be reimbursed for it. Some paints have this warranty.

Use a quality primer/sealer. KILZ is a good one. You may still have to use two or three coats of new paint, but if you don't use a good primer, you'll always have the green bleeding through.


grey is the best color to use. It covers almost any color without show through.


Usually "Kilz" will cover anything.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment