Home & Garden

Friday, March 27, 2009

How do you make an adjustment on vinyl replacement windows........?

I believe there is a way to adjust the vinyl replacement windows, but I have forgotten how I was told when we bought them a few years back. When I open the bottom window and push it up all the way, it wants to slide back down about 3 or 4 inches. Isn't there an adjustment on the sides, and can you walk me through how to do this?



Because each brand is different, you will need to call the company...Sorry I could not be of more help.


(Unless you can give a brand name?)


EDIT: My brother works for a window/door manufacturer, he installed our windows...This is his advice...


Tilt lower window in towards you, IF you SEE a screw on each side (half-way up,inside the window track) Turn right to tighten, left to loosen. Turn 1/4 turn on each screw, always adjust both sides evenly!




If you can't make it work put a stick in the window until you find out the brand name or have someone come over to check them out.




you will probably have to contact a window installer to find out how to do it.




sounds like a broken cord. call the window co.

No comments:

Post a Comment